Sunday, April 15, 2012

Work It

Tonight I stumbled upon some old photos I took over summer holidays in 2010 when I spent Jan/Feb completing a contract marketing position in the city while on uni break. As it was during this period that I had first discovered fashion blogs, I thought it might be fun to track my wares. I didn't quite manage everyday, but it was a admirable effort. Being my first fulltime office job, I relished the opportunity to wear something new to work every day. The workplace was a government department so the dress code wasn't too strict or corporate which allowed for a degree of experimentation. Although, I do recall the staff being quite amused when faced with two young girls (I had a work mate contracted in the same position) in a completely new outfit each day. After looking at some of these photos I can see why! In an office of mature-aged staff we certainly would have stood out. My friend and I also spent many lunch breaks browsing the shops in the city so we often came back with bags of more clothes/shoes/accessories. It was a fun job experience ;). 


Something that struck me during this little romp in my fashion past was how much more of an effort I made on a daily basis to mix my look up. I still play around with fashion, but I’ve noticed I’ve paired it back a lot. While my work environment is still relatively relaxed I’m more inclined to favour comfort these days. However this style flashback has inspired me to up my game and broaden my standard work attire. There are a lot of clothes in my closet that haven’t had much action due to my own laziness and a tendency to resort to the same reliable pieces. So this week I’m going to make a concerted effort slip into some new looks and incorporate some clothes I haven’t worn in a while.

Hope it makes work more fun :P.

Below is an overview of my fashion snaps over those 8 weeks. Please excuse any background mess!






































If you've never snapped your outfits, I challenge you to try it for a week. It can be a lot of fun to look back on in a couple years time and a great memory to share with your future kids :). I know I love pouring over mum mum's old photo albulms!

4 comments:

  1. Naw back in the day! You are never short on colour, I'm particularly digging the first outfit... the perfect mix of work sensible yet lunch-break-in-the-city-ible <3

    What I wouldn't give to not have to wear my horrendous uniform to work...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Looking back now I can't believe I actually wore some of these ensembles to a workplace environment. Call it youthful naivety of appropriate work attire :).
      I feel for you gal. Uniforms should be banned past highschool :(

      Delete
  2. Love your outfits !! The white jacket on the first picture looks really cool <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane :)
    I'm trying to figure out what I did with that jacket...it seems to have disappeared from my wardrobe :(

    ReplyDelete