Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cure for a Long Day in the Office
































After a draining day in the office I’ll often drive home anticipating arriving to a deliciously satisfying meal. A home cooked dish made with love seems to have the ability to cure the most taxing of days.
Sadly, tonight mum did not respond to my mental request for chicken satay. No dinner at all in fact. I stared at the empty dinner table deflated. Left to my own devices I quickly whipped up a quick pasta dish of zucchini, capsicum, tomato, basil, coriander, and butter, despite being ready to dive straight into that packet of Tim Tams. I’m glad I made the effort. I am constantly amazed at the difference a dab of butter and fresh herbs can make to a meal!
But I digress; the highlight of this story is not the yummy dinner I created, nor the Tim Tam Slam that followed it (where one uses Tim Tam as a straw to inhale hot beverage), but the sheer joy of ending my night with a new magazine and cup of tea. An unbeatable evening combination!

It’s funny because as I passed the letter box on my way to the front door I just had a feeling there was something delicious waiting for me inside it. So I checked it, which I very rarely do. I just had a feeling. As I peaked in the crack and spied the contents, I instantly knew my treat tonight would not be a ready to devour dinner but a bundle of imagination provoking glossy pages. Thanks Vogue. It’s like you knew I needed you tonight.
So for the rest of the evening my mind will be here...














Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment