Friday, May 25, 2012

Chill Bro - Winter Inspiration Ahead

Winter in upon us Perth! You've probably already begun slipping into your warm PJs maybe even changed to your winter bedding by now. While we have been blessed with sunny days for the past couple weeks in Perth, the air has been ultra nippy in the mornings and evenings.

This morning I had to wake up earlier to help setting up at the markets. Markets = early starts. I didn't realise how cold it would be when I agreed to the job. But at least I'll get some wear out of my winter clothes before I escape to Europe for the summer :).

Here's some wintsperation.


 Bring out the (fake) fur and go wild!


 Roll out the cosy knits.

 Go vintage a la Abbey Lee who always looks bangin'.

 I love a good beenie.

 Long skirts and boots = a cool (warm?) bohemian vibe.

 Sweaters, stockings and long socks make a cute vintage glam look. Just don't forget to pop on a skirt.

 A fur vest seems to work well with any look.

  If you've got the legs, a pair of trousers with an interesting print can offer a welcome reprieve from your tired jeans. Or...you could just admire Bahati's pins.

 Thick socks and boots to keep your tootsies warm.

 Shades of orange, brown, grey, mustard and khaki are a stable. Add a pop of colour for some interest.

 For me this is a staple winter look. Neutral shades, soft stretchy fabrics and comfy accessories. Doesn't get much better.

 Who doesn't lover a killer scarf. This mammoth looks like it would serve you well.


This last image just captures the beauty of winter in my eyes. I imagine those socks would feel a bit like sashaying on clouds.


Stay Cosy
xx

3 comments:

  1. This post has made me want to do 2 things.

    1. Buy a beanie
    2. Buy a big scarf so I can suffocate myself in woolly warmth.

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah wooly warmth suffocation sounds like a good way to go. I have a similar mission. I'm pretty obsessed with collecting scarves. I always find the most unique ones at op shops. Shall definately need to go on a thrifting expedition soon!

      Delete